Welcome To The NCNE
We are so excited you have stopped by to check out our club! We love Newfoundlands. We hope you will check out our site and look into coming to one of our many events. We offer opportunities for people who love Newfs to gain experience, share experience and have lots of fun! Check back often. We have a very robust calendar of events year round for every aspect of Newfie love!
NCNE Response to COVID-19
Hi Everyone. So much of our world is different because of this global pandemic associated with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). All this social distancing and closed and restricted services, lack of travel, and cancelling of events has all of us taking a pause to think about the things that are really important. I am super happy it is still safe to hug my dogs. I am sure I only get through some days because I have them in my life.
I want to update you on some changes for our club in response to the COVID-19 restrictions that are in place throughout New England. The NCNE Board of Directors met by conference call on. Sunday, March 29th and discussed all of the events we have scheduled for the remainder of the year. We also talked about the impact of this on our elections and on the club’s finances. I want to take a minute to update you.
- We are cancelling the Spring Fling, scheduled for May 31st.
- We are postponing the Annual Meeting, the Awards Presentation and the Election of Officers and swearing in of the new officers until Saturday, September 12th. We are holding a Regional Specialty Show on the Cape that weekend and we will move these events to coincide with that show, similar to the big celebration we had last year in June for our 50th Anniversary. The Board plans to make this a fun time with some extra attractions…something for everyone. More to come about those plans.
- We currently have a full calendar of Water Fun Days scheduled beginning in June. We are not making any changes to those events until we see what is going on with the COVID-19 response. We will send out communications either way.
- Most know that NCA cancelled the National Specialty. There will be a re-opening of the store for the logo items. We will post info on that in case you want to pick up something. NCA did lose money by not being able to hold the event, so if you can support the logo sale, that would be great.
- The club does rely on our events to bring in money to support our membership. We will have less revenue, but at this time, we feel we are able to continue without hardship.
- We do have some money invested and like everyone, these accounts have taken a hard hit, but we had built a reserve and will be able to continue to fund our rescue and educational efforts.
- Ordinarily, the Slate would be presented to the membership at the Annual Meeting and a single vote cast by the Secretary for approval. If there were additional people interested in being considered for a position once the slate was submitted by the Nominating committee, those individuals would petition the club and an election would be held. The By-laws speak to the schedule for these events. Since we are moving the Annual meeting until September, we are also adjusting the dates. The schedule will be announced in another communication.
- All current officers and Board members will continue in their positions until the September meeting.
We are in this together. We will get through this together. Check in on each other. Keep your friends posted as to how you are doing. Don’t be afraid to let people know if you need help. Wash your hands. Practice social distancing. Stay Safe-Stay Home. I want you to be there with me on the other side to celebrate!
My sincerest wishes for your health – you, your family and your Newfs!
Follow along with Axel the Newfoundland Puppy's story.
Axel is a 15 week old puppy who is all puppy breath, puppy kisses, spunk and playfulness, just as a puppy should be! Unfortunately, Axel was born with a pretty significant deformity in his left front leg and will need that leg removed.
2021 Calendars Now Available!
Send payment of $20 per calendar +$5 shipping to paypal.me/BethRossiNewf
Once you receive your PayPal Receipt in your e-mail, forward the PayPal Receipt, plus your mailing address toElizabeth Helen Foster
Elizabeth will be the one shipping them out to you. You can reach out to her through e-mail with any questions on your order status.
Please, do NOT send her messages through FB Messenger as these just get lot in the message request folder.
NCNE CLUB EVENTS
Sunday, December 20, 4pm: Awards Ceremony
The presentation will be live streamed on our Facebook Account and be on ZOOM.
Hosted by Mary Bylone, Club President
Click here for more information
Sept. 2021: Supported Entry & Regional
Cranberry Cluster, Barnstable County Fairgrounds,
East Falmouth, MA (contact Sue Jones)
Oct. 25-30, 2021: NCA National Specialty
NCA National Specialty, Bavarian Inn Lodge,
NewfPrints Deadlines: Jan. 15, March 15, May 15, July 15, Sept. 15, Nov. 15 (contact Terry Linehan)
Nov/Dec TBD: Holiday Dazzle Parade
Putnam, CT (contact Christine Palmer)
NCNE WORKING COMMITTEE BIOTHANE LAUNCHES FUNDRAISER
The Newfoundland Club of New England, Inc. is a non-profit corporation founded in 1969 with clear objectives intended to promote the Newfoundland Dog breed. NCNE has over 600 individual, family, and honorary members.
Newfoundland Club of New England
Club information and its activities
Find Us On
© 2019 Newfoundland Club of New England