- To encourage and promote the understanding and appreciation of purebred Newfoundland Dogs and to do all possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection
- To urge members, breeders, and others to accept the standard of the breed as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Newfoundland Dogs shall be judged
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed
- To encourage sportsmanlike conduct at all events in which Newfoundland Dogs participate
- To conduct sanctioned match shows, specialty shows, obedience trials, and tracking tests under the rules of the American Kennel Club if and when permission is granted by the American Kennel Club
- To promote the special qualities of the breed by sponsoring working dog activities under the rules of the Newfoundland Club of America, Inc.
To urge all members to abide by the NCNE Ethics Guide as a guideline for responsible Newfoundland ownership